Monday, July 19, 2010

Psalm 147:3

Psalm 147:3 - "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

This verse came to me all week as I was working in Williamsburg. The first day, our leader told us that 41% of households are non-families, meaning that the parents are separated, divorced, or widowed, or the children live with aunts, uncles, or grandparents.


One of the little girls I worked with, Nashya, was telling me about how her parents are divorced and her mom has a boyfriend that she doesn't like. I thought to myself, as I was listening to her story, "She's SIX! No six year old should even have to go through this!" I couldn't believe this. But I remembered Psalm 147:3 and I knew that God would take care of her.

I pray for her, and all the other children of Williamsburg, every time I think of them. And like He did for me, God will heal their broken hearts and bind their wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment