"Greater things have yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city."
Every time I hear those lyrics, I cry. The song reminds me of my calling to missions and what I need to do to fulfill it. The song became the soundtrack of my trip to Williamsburg. The city is impoverished. It's ridiculous how these people have to live, compared to how we live. I can almost guaruntee if you have enough time to sit around reading this blog on your computer, you are way better off than the people of Williamsburg.
As I was talking to a few friends about this song, one of them asked me a question that really got me thinking - again. She said, "Which city?" I responded with the first thing that came to my head: Every city. And the more I think about it, the more truth I find in that.
Williamsburg is a town with a population of about 1,400. That's not a lot. And yet, in this little town that very few people have heard of, an M-Fuge camp was still set up at the University of the Cumberlands. Greater things are still to be done in Williamsburg.
Now, I live kind of near Detroit, MI. Totally different ball game. Yes, we have people living in poverty, but we have a population of about a million.. I think? I'm not sure. Either way, it's a lot bigger than Williamsburg, KY. And unlike Williamsburg, I'm pretty sure almost the entire world (unless someone lives under a ROCK) has heard of Detroit. We're known as a crime capital of the world. Greater things are still to be done in Detroit.
"Greater things are still to be done here."
No comments:
Post a Comment