Today, I witnessed to a good friend. We'd drifted apart and haven't really talked until today since just after school let out. I told him about how I had been praying for him even when we hadn't been talking. He seemed moved by this, and mentioned his faith. This opened a huge door for me to talk to him. He told be about how his family doesn't go to church, and the only Bible he has is one of those children's Bibles. I was astounded at this, since I've known him for a while. I shared with him some of my favorite verses from the Bible. His favorites were from Luke 6, about loving your enemies. I shared with him the whole passage, and he seemed quite enthusiastic about it. Secretly, I was thrilled with this. I wanted to get up and start screaming in joy, but being on crutches right now, that probably isn't the smarted move. Instead, I praised God for this opportunity. I am beyond happy right now. He even told me he hasn't prayed in months, but he was going to start praying again, because I told him about how much better my life is now that I trust God with everything. He's really thinking about this a lot, and I don't want to push anything on him. I'm praying on my own for God to help me witness to him.
If anyone has any advice for me, please let me know!
"We'll sing until the whole world hears."
No comments:
Post a Comment